Sunday, February 17, 2019

Canals, Cobblestones and Carats!

Bruges, Belgium is romantic, ethereal, and gorgeous. Between the cobblestone streets, impressive architecture and winding canals, Bruges has an atmosphere all it's own. 




There is a definite slower pace to Bruges versus the other cities I visited in Belgium. Things feel more deliberate, more relaxed and more present.  
Visitors ambling along the streets of Bruges

I spent more time in Bruges, I just didn't want to leave! I enjoyed a nice walk through the winding canal lined streets, lunch at a cafe and people watching. 

Bruges welcomed me like a long lost child. I instantly felt at home and welcome in this quaint city! Bruges has found a place in my heart and I will be back!


Bruges has been just what my heart and soul needed! Im sad to leave, but excited for the next stop, Antwerp, Belgium!



Welcome to the diamond capital of the world, Antwerp Belgium! If you think about diamonds, you think shiny, flashy and one of a kind. The city of Antwerp is all of that and more! It was a quick visit, just a half day, but I was able to explore and get a feel of this great city. 
Ornate architecture 

The architecture of Antwerp was decadent and elaborate. There were gargoyles, angels and lion heads atop many of the buildings. 

Antwerp had an entirely different vibe than Bruges. I am so glad I visited them both on the same day. Seeing the contrast firsthand was exhilarating! I loved Antwerp's energy, vibrancy and decadence! This city left me feeling alive and ready for more! 
Antwerp Central Train station 

The beauty of both these cities is unique and worth appreciating.
 It's amazing what a quick train ride can show the traveler. 

Keep your eyes open, your heart open and your mind open to the adventures out there! 

Much Love, H


No comments:

Post a Comment

This Moment Is Everything.

I was fortunate to travel to Alaska for 9 days in June. The wildness, beauty and expanse of Alaska is something everyone should experience i...