Tuesday, March 5, 2019

May I Have This Dance?

The Northern Lights...aurora borealis...dancing fire fox...  Whatever you call them, they are a sight to behold!

My main purpose for traveling to Norway was in hopes of seeing these celestial dancers. I was fortunate enough to see them on two nights!

The first night, I was lucky enough to see them even with the light pollution from the town. They were brighter this night than they've been in over 3 weeks, according to the locals. I was able to see the green and violet shades with my naked eye!!  In many cases, the lights look like a grey silver cloud streaking across the sky. You can't see the green color with the naked eye, only with a camera. The first night, I was so fortunate to see the colors and watch the dance!





Friday night I was fortunate enough to go on a "Chasing the Lights" tour with an amazing company, Glod. It was a great time, we had traditional Norwegian soup, interesting conversation, and learned quite a bit at the same time!  We did have to work around the clouds but thankfully, we were able to spot the lights and I got a few good shots!




This experience was one of a kind and I'm so glad I was lucky enough to witness the dancing lights!

My entire visit to Norway left me feeling full of love and light. My next blog I'll share more about the ruggedness and beauty of Norway and some scenes that will have you wanting to pack your bags to head North! Until next time, stay wild and keep wandering! 

Much Love,
H













No comments:

Post a Comment

This Moment Is Everything.

I was fortunate to travel to Alaska for 9 days in June. The wildness, beauty and expanse of Alaska is something everyone should experience i...